Saturday, October 22, 2011

Finally got to paint!

Well, I have been following Sharon Tomlinson at Norah's and I have been intrigued by the process she is using to paint over magazine pictures to get a completely different picture.  I have a huge stack of cardboard from work.  These are 81/2x11 because they are the cardboard at the bottom of the packs of forms we use at work.  Usually we just throw them out, but I started saving them and in a month had more than I will ever use.

Anyway, I pasted pictures on the cardboard and then painted over it.  I have to say it is not as easy as she makes it look.  I will need to practice and practice some more to ever be satisfied with this artform, but it was pretty fun and I had no expectations, so I could just have fun!  At least I finally got back to the paint table.  I think tomorrow I will try another.  But in the meantime, here's what I did:


Can you tell that I started with a close-up of a man's face?  I can, but I just wonder if anyone else can.  She is certainly no beauty, but I am pleased with her.  I really enjoyed the collage of her hair.

Let me know what you think about her, won't you?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Why Are Orcas Attacking Boats?

Recently I have been reading articles and news about Orcas attacking boats and causing quite a bit of anxiety.  Since these whales hunt in p...