I am still working on my Easter swag and hope to finish all the hand sewing this week, but until I have more pictures, I thought this tutorial was cute and easy. Maybe you could use this somewhere at home or at work to brighten up the day.
|Finished Size: Approx. 8" - 10"|
Skill: 1 Time: 1 Cost: 1
SAFETY TIP: Mom and Grandma – please supervise the painting in a well-ventilated area but do the cutting with the craft knife yourself.
You will need:
• One 8" metal stove burner cover
• One 10" metal stove burner cover
• Spray paint*: Primer, Perfect Pink, Basil
• Coordinating scrapbook paper
• 2 1/2" chipboard letters to spell, "H, O. P, E" and "D, R, E, A, M"
• Ten 1/2" button magnets*
• One pkg. 1/2" x 4" adhesive magnetic strips*
• Ten 5/8" buttons in assorted colors
• Ten white silk flowers in assorted sizes
• 19" of 3/8" brown gingham ribbon
• 10" of 3/8" pink ribbon
• 10 1/2" of 3/8" tan polka dot ribbon
• Tacky glue*
• Glue stick*
• Craft knife* & cutting mat*, emery board, newspapers, ruler, sandpaper, scissors
* The following products were used for this project: Design Master Color Tool Spray Color • Elmer's Craft Bond Tacky Glue & Extra-Strength Glue Stick; X-Acto Gripster craft knife & cutting mat • Magnum Magnetics ProMAG Button Magnets and Adhesive Strips Magnets.
Note: For product information, see end of article.
• Craft knife should be used only by an adult.
• Use glitter spray only outside or in a well-ventilated area.
• Allow all paint and glue to dry between steps.
• See photo for details and placement.
STEP 1: Prepare stove covers. Protect work surface with newspapers. Lightly sand stove covers to dull surface Spray with primer. Spray small cover Perfect Pink. Spray large cover Basil. Use additional coats if needed.
STEP 2: Attach ribbon. Measure and cut ribbon to go across covers as shown. Use glue stick to attach.
STEP 3: Prepare letters. Plan which paper to be used for each letter. Apply glue stick to fronts of letters and attach paper. Turn letter paper side down on cutting mat. Have adult use craft knife to cut away excess paper around each letter. Use outward strokes to gently sand letter from paper to edge all around letters. This technique creates a white, distressed look and secures paper to letter. Note: Use emery board in tight spaces of letters. Cut and attach adhesive magnet strip to back of each letter.
STEP 4: Finish. Use tacky glue to attach buttons to centers of silk flowers. Glue button magnets to backs of flowers in same way.
Elmer's Products, Inc.
Magnum Magnetics Corporation