I have been talking about getting a monthly craft night set up with some of the nurses I work with for quite a while now. It seems that finally this event may actually become reality. We have a place to meet and a tentative date and even some idea of what craft we want to work on. I hope this happens because I think working as a group will inspire us all to stay motivated and I know it will help me to get going on other projects I have in various stages of completion at home. This is the perfect time to start a craft group with the holidays fast approaching, so keep your fingers crossed.
In this spirit, here is a quick and easy Christmas ornament that you and the kids can put together in a short period of time. Enjoy.
Everyone loves personalized gifts for the holidays. Make these Easy Photo Christmas Ornaments by Fawnda Norman for everyone on your list this year. They will also look great on your tree!
- Christmas cards
- Paper Cutter
- Big chunky beads
- Double sided tape
- Wallet size photo (I printed mine on paper)
- Twine or Ribbon
- Exacto Knife
- Cut your cards in to 3X3 inch squares and group them by color. You need 6 squares for each ornament.
- On the back side of each square find mark the midpoint on each side (at 1.5 inches)
- Score a diagonal line connecting your midpoints. Do this on each square.
- Fold on your score lines. You should have 6 squares that look like this:
- Choose two squares to be your top and bottom. Find the middle (I drew lines across from each corner to find mine) and use your Exacto Knife to cut a whole in the center.
- Use your double sided tape to connect your 2 of the corners of 2 of your squares. This is what the back should look like:
And this is what the front should look like:
- Continue connecting until you have 4 of your squares together that make a "tube".
- Choose the bottom and sting your twine or ribbon through the hole and attach onto the bottom of your "tube"
- Pull your twine up through your tube and through your top piece. Connect your top piece to the rest of the ornament.
- Tie a loop on the top.
- And tie a bead onto the bottom.
- cut out your photos (about 2X2 inch square) and attach it to one of the sides.
- You're done!