Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My attempt to paint ala "Lo" at Spewing4thArt





Well, I think I have finally figured out this blog system, so now maybe I can actually get something posted.

Here is my attempt to paint "in the style of" Lori at Spewing4thArt. As I said in my previous post, I love her style. She uses bright colors and whimsical compositions. I just had to try to see if I could come up with something similar. I hope that isn't wrong. I always thought that you learned painting by repainting something by a "master".

I started with a pencil drawing that had a bit of the same feeling I get when I look at Lori's paintings. Then I slowly begin to add color. My next post will show the completed picture. Hopefully by then I will figure out how to add pictures in the order and in the places I want.

See you soon.

1 comment:

Flora said...

This is lovely!!
blessings,Flora

Why Are Orcas Attacking Boats?

Recently I have been reading articles and news about Orcas attacking boats and causing quite a bit of anxiety.  Since these whales hunt in p...