Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The finished painting

Now to finish the previous post, as I finally found the pictures of this painting. I have to apologize for the quality of the photography--I never did get around to taking those photography courses. Anyway, here is the almost finished painting.



Here's the finished project. Although I didn't get the light and colorful results that Lori does, I still like the picture. I don't think it evokes quite the whimsey of her paintings, but I do think I get the same feeling. Anyway, this was my attempt to emulate her.



I did learn quite a bit about myself and my artistic talent while working on this. I think that is why it took me so long to finish it. In the end though, I feel pretty good about both myself and my painting. I know that I am not ever going to be Rembrandt, but I certainly will enjoy myself trying!

What do you think? Feel free to leave a comment, even if you say you hate it! I'd love to hear what your thoughts are.

2 comments:

Electric Barbarella said...

That's so pretty! It came out really good!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Welcome to blogging and thank you for showing us your work!! I'll be back for more!!
Laurie

Why Are Orcas Attacking Boats?

Recently I have been reading articles and news about Orcas attacking boats and causing quite a bit of anxiety.  Since these whales hunt in p...